Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dunamis

Whenever I hear the word strength now, I think of dunamis.  I learned of it in Kay Arthur's study, "Covenant".  Dunamis is Greek, for strength. But this strength is God's strength - not my own. As I'm going through some challenges in my life, I'm learning to rely on it more and more often.  Sometimes, I just pray the single word - petitioning God for His strength because I've learned when I am weak, I am strong.
"And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Vee, yes it's been quite awhile since I've posted but I do still keep up with yours and look forward to your posts! I'm trying to get started back and felt like I had to do something to the header first. What do you think? Is it just too over the top?
      Thanks for stopping by. Keep checking on me!

      Delete
    2. I just found the sweetest comment you left me and came looking again. I love your header. It's adorable. You must be off having fun!

      Delete